Year Six - How can I help my child at home?
Please see below useful documents for helping your child at home.
- Mathematics calculation guidance
- Year 6 maths basic skills
- Grammar terminology explained
- Reading questions for parents
- Spelling words to learn
Year Six - Home Learning
Here is your home learning that links to your work in school this half-term.
We would like you to do one maths lesson, one English lesson and one theme lesson each day. If you are able to do more, please do. We would like you to do your basic skills home learning as often as you can, for example handwriting, reading, numbers skills and spellings.
Staff from school will be in touch to check how you are and talk to you about your learning. They are looking forward to finding out which parts you are enjoying most.
Basic Skills Learning - Click on the links below for your basic skills home learning.
Click on the links below to access maths, English, theme, music and PSHE lessons.
- English Lessons (Pandas – non-chronological report)
- English Lessons (Spiderman – journalistic writing)
- Maths Lessons
- Please refer to the weekly focus and select the correct unit of lessons.
- week beginning 03.01.23 – 06.01.23 - Angles (lessons 6, 9, 11, 12 and 13)
- week beginning 09.01.23 – 13.01.23 - Multiplication and Division (lessons 7, 9, 11, 12, 13)
- week beginning 16.01.23 – 20.01.23 - Multiplication and Division (lessons 14 – 18)
- week beginning 23.01.23 – 27.01.2 - Decimals and Measures (lessons 6 – 10)
- week beginning 30.01.23 – 03.02.23 - Multiplication and Division (lessons 2 – 6)
- week beginning 06.02.23 – 10.02.23 - shape, perimeter and area (lessons 1 – 5)
We would like you to do one maths lesson, one English lesson and one theme lesson each day. If you are able to do more, please do.