Information for EYFS New Starters
Please find below information for parents and carers of children who are about to start in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We ask that you read through this information and browse the prospectus with your child so that you, and they, understand as much as possible about school before they begin their learning journey with us.
Click on the link below for more information and top tips on how to prepare your child for starting school.
Home School Agreement
- Follow the school rules
- Always tell the truth
- Always try to do their best
- Try different school activities
- Tell an adult if they have a problem
- Help each child to arrive ready for school to start at 8.50am for EYFS or 8.40am for all other children
- Not take holidays during term time other than in exceptional circumstances.
- Telephone school before 9.30am if a child is ill
- Attend meetings with staff to discuss a child’s work
- Help each child to carry out homework
- Keep school informed of changes to contact details and family circumstances
- Collect EYFS children from the catering entrance at 3.20pm and all other children at 3.10pm
- Encourage children to wear school uniform and provide appropriate PE kit
- Try to walk to and from school but will follow the one-way system and park safely and considerately when they need to use a car
- Support the school’s behaviour policy
- Ensure that the children understand the rules about safe use of the internet
School staff will:
- Follow the school mission statement
- Work in partnership with families and provide support for all pupils
- Telephone home to check that any unexplained absentees are safe
- Liaise with other agencies as necessary to support families and children
- Monitor the attainment and progress of all pupils and report results to families
- Set appropriately challenging work for lessons and homework
- Provide a broad, stimulating and balanced curriculum for all children
- Implement the school’s behaviour policy
- Take every opportunity to teach safe internet use
Before your child starts school with us, we will collect personal data from you. It is important that we hold accurate and up-to-date information about both pupils and parents. Please find below links to our Privacy Notices which will inform you about how and why we process your personal data.
Before and After School Childcare
Newby Fun Factory offers before and after school childcare and is open, term time, from 7.45am for all children who attend Newby and Scalby Primary School. Children can be dropped off into their care until 8.30am, when they will prepare and guide the children down to their classrooms. KS1 children are collected, at the end of the school day, by Newby Fun Factory staff and can remain in Fun Factory until 6pm.
All bookings and enquiries must be made through Newby Fun Factory directly. More information can be found by clicking below.