- To ensure each individual reaches their full potential from their various starting points.
- To foster a love of learning
- Children display the characteristics of effective learning
- To ensure children are equipped and confident for the next stage of their learning.
Implementation: (how do we do this?)
- Working in partnership with parents
- A carefully designed, progressive curriculum that gives children the skills, knowledge and vocabulary they need for school.
- A strong emphasis on the prime areas of learning.
- Creating a culture that encourages and promotes the key characteristics of learning
- A well-balanced delivery of the curriculum that allows to children to play and follow their own interests, be guided by adults in their play and learn in small groups.
- High quality interactions with adults that moves learning forward and develops oracy and vocabulary.
- Child – adult relationships that allow the children to feel safe, secure, nurtured and confident • An enabling environment that promotes exploration and the opportunity to embed learning.
- Regular discussions with year 1 teachers to ensure learning in EYFS forms the foundations needed for the children to be successful in year 1.
- Ongoing formative assessment and regular communication between staff to discuss formative assessment, gaps in learning and next steps for children.
- The delivery of systematic, synthetic phonics to equip children with the skills needed for reading and writing.
- Ensuring children have access to high quality reading materials, including reading books that match their phonics ability.
- Bespoke CPD for staff to ensure high quality teaching
- A language rich environment.
- Creating purposeful opportunities for regular reading and writing to ensure children ‘see themselves and readers and writers’
- Offering additional and different provision that children that require additional support to access the curriculum including graduated response, IPMS and Accessibility plans
Impact (how will we know)
- Discussions with parents
- Smooth transition to year 1
Abstract vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com