Accept and close
These are the rules for School Council Elections:
- Each child can nominate themselves as a possible member of council. This should be on an official nomination form and by a set date.
- Each nominated child must deliver a speech to the class telling them why they would make a good member of council.
- They should be given two days’ notice to prepare.
- A secret ballot will take place following the speeches. The official ballot paper should contain the names of all those nominated. Votes will be cast by putting a cross next to the candidate’s name. Only one cross per ballot paper is allowed.
- An outright winner will be elected as school councillor.
- In the event of a tie, the tied candidates receiving the highest number of votes will be entered onto a further ballot paper and another secret ballot will be held to decide the member for that class.
Abstract vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com